Home > Brighton and cinema > Map 1
Brighton, Hove and the cinema
D Photographic business run by William Friese-Greene and Esmé Collings in 1889 at 69 Western Road, Brighton. After Friese-Greene's bankruptcy, Collings remains in business here until around 1916. The building is re-numbered 120 in 1893.
G Site of George Albert Smith's studio in St Anne's Well Gardens, Furze Hill, Hove.
H James Williamson's chemist's/photographic business from September 1898 at 55 Western Road, Hove.
14 Hove Cinematograph Theatre/Tivoli Cinema/Embassy Cinema (c1912-1981), 1 Western Road, Hove [building still stands, used for amusement purposes].
Return to previous page
Page updated 29 November 2005